This week, we announced 5 New York City nonprofits that will participate in our new Volunteer Impact Partnership program (VIP). These Community Partners will be part of an intensive 3-year volunteer impact study to identify and measure the benefits of multi-level volunteer services on nonprofit capacity.
The organizations will benefit by expanding and enhancing their programming through volunteer resources delivered by New York Cares. The program is free to the organizations, which will collectively receive services valued at $750,000 over three years.
- * Gallop NYC - a nonprofit that uses therapeutic horseback riding to bring new levels of confidence, coordination, communication skills, and emotional connections to children and adults with various developmental, emotional, social and physical challenges.
- * Jewish Home Life Care – a Manhattan-based non-profit pioneer in caring for the elders of New York, offers a full range of skilled nursing, rehabilitative, housing and home and community-based health services at its three campuses.
- * PS 188M, The Island School - a New York City K-8 public school on the Lower East Side.
- * Sunnyside Community Services - a multi-service organization in Queens that provides a continuum of services to community members of all ages, including programs for seniors and educational and recreational programs for children.
- * Women in Need – a comprehensive service provider offering transitional shelter housing, permanent supportive housing, and substance abuse treatment to over 10,000 of New York City’s homeless and disadvantaged women and children each year.