Although it may seem silly to be thinking about spring when a good majority of the country just got hit with a huge snowstorm, we’re doing it anyway. New York Cares Day Spring is a little over a month away, and our staff can’t wait to be outside planting trees and cleaning up parks. But we understand you may need some more motivation, so we proudly present – the Top 5 Reasons to Create a New York Cares Day Spring Team:
5. It’s March, so you’ve been hanging out exclusively indoors for…5 months now? Create a team, and make a plan to go outside 43 days from now! Baby steps!
4. It’s exactly the leverage you’ve been looking for to convince your friends to call you ‘Captain’.
3. Al Gore says there might not even be trees any more by 2017*, so you should take advantage of the opportunity to hug them now.
2. Last year’s team names included such gems as ‘bears!’, ‘President Abra-help Lincoln’, and ‘Spider Pigs’. Can you top those?
1. Trees don’t plant themselves.**
Have any more reasons? Let us know in the comments, but more importantly, create your team today.
By Kim Wilson
*This is absolutely untrue. Al Gore did not say this. But he might be thinking it? Maybe? Create a team anyway.
**Well. Kind of they do. But you should help!